The Potential and Benefits of Google Ads
Google Ads (previously AdWords) is the advertising platform of Google, where ads are served to users when they perform a search (more on that later). It allows advertisers to send the right message at the right time to the right person. To understand the value Google Ads can provide for companies, one approach is to look at volumes.
The volumes of online advertising are enormous. In 2021 the global digital ad spend reached approximately $492 billion. Google Ads represents 38.1% of that, which comes down to over $146 billion! In 2023, the global digital ad spend is expected to rise to $648 billion and even to $785 billion in 2025. In addition, it's clear that the percentage of digital ad spend compared to the total media ad spend is increasing as well, to 72% in 2025.
Those numbers tell you that a lot of companies are seeing value in Google’s advertising platform and are very likely accomplishing a high Return On Investment (ROI).
Based on my experience as an online performance marketeer, I know for a fact that Google Ads can easily grow to 50% revenue share of your online store. Meaning if you do not do it already, you can double your revenue with Google Ads.
The scenarios below illustrate what I mean.
Obviously, it is not a guarantee but if you do the right things right, you are off to a very good start!
Don't know where to start? Check out our Ultimate Google Ads Profit Program to get started within minutes!
The Benefits of Google Ads
Now, while there are some disadvantages to Google Ads (it costs money to compete in the auction for example), Google Ads has a lot of advantages. Compared to other online marketing methods, Google Ads has these clear advantages:
- Increased visibility and brand awareness.
- Easy to implement. All you need is an account and conversion tracking.
- Fast results, much faster than SEO.
- Google Ads has stable and reliable traffic.
- Highly measurable. For instance how many people saw your ad, how many clicked and how many made a purchase. But also, what they looked for, which ad performs best and what location they came from among other things.
- It has a great profitability (or ROI) if done right, unlike other forms of advertising like on social media.
- Very high level of control when it comes to structure, budget, costs, targeting, messaging, creatives, audiences and a whole lot more.
- Ability to target customers who are actively searching for what you offer (unlike social media for example).
- No pay to win, quality is king.
- You can easily scale up your revenue.
- Allows you to outrank your competitors and see how often you compete with them.
- Possibility to target your desirable audience. It’s also possible to retarget your past website visitors.
- If you generate enough volume, it’s also easy to automate.
As you can see, Google Ads has a lot of potential and advantages, I’m a huge fan! As always, if you have any questions feel free to reach out or checkout our Ultimate Google Ads Profit Program to get started!